Dreaming Of Gorgeous, Tousled Beach-Inspired Waves? Here's A List Of
The Best Texturizing Products For Mermaid-Worthy Locks
If you’re anything like me, you’re constantly striving to achieve that perfect, just-off-the-beach, sea-kissed hair. Beach waves are the embodiment of summer style and that casually cool, effortless surfer girl look that is not likely to go out of style anytime soon.
However, if you’ve had your fair share of serious beach hair catastrophes on your journey toward low-maintenance hair care. Failed attempts can often end in tangled, crunchy, dry, straw-like, salty tresses that end up appearing more in need of a wash than the fabulous bohemian look we were dreaming of.
The secret behind achieving envy-inducing texturized waves is actually quite simple: It all comes down to choosing the right product for your specific hair type. Luckily, almost every brand on the market has tried to bottle this highly sought-after look and there’s no shortage of options to choose from.
After years of trial and error on my own damaged, thin blonde hair, I can confidently say that you and your mermaid-worthy locks will fall head over heels with these must-have texturizers for sea-kissed hair.
IGK seems to be popping up everywhere lately and with good reason! Founded by some of the most famous hair stylists in the country, IGK put their heart and soul into this Beach Club Texture Spray. This is just one product that fully lives up to its’ name.
- Adds volume and texture without making hair appear greasy, heavy, or stiff
- Features UV protection
- Safe for use on colored and keratin-treated hair
- Free of parabens, sulfates, and phthalates
- Features the deliciously tropical IGK Miami scent
- Unique matte-finish
- Absorbs excess oils and serves the dual-purpose of a dry shampoo and texturizer all in one
- This one may not be one of the pricier options when considering the size of the bottle. However, a little goes a long way!
Most famous for its’ incredible signature scent and quality ingredients, this MOROCCANOIL Beach Wave Mousse is the perfect alternative for those concerned about the possible drying effects of a typical sea salt spray. For an ultra-hydrating, salt-free alternative, look no further than this Beach Wave Mousse.
- Unique mousse formula allows for better control over application and styling
- Leaves hair feeling healthy, smooth, and sleek
- Features UV protection and is safe for use on colored and keratin-treated hair
- Flexible hold
- Use sparingly if you have very fine or light hair. I found that my fine, thin hair, could only tolerate a small amount of this mousse before becoming too crunchy and stiff for my preference.
Definitely one of the most popular and well-established of the bunch, this Awapuhi Texturizing Sea Spray is worth all the hype! Just spray onto towel-dried hair, scrunch, air-dry and voilà: voluminous, tousled waves!
- Cruelty free
- Features nourishing awapuhi extract
- Improves your hair’s natural texture by enhancing existing waves
- Adds volume and eliminates frizz
- A great recommendation that will work on any hair type
- A little goes a long way
- This spray may not be for suitable for those seeking a salt-free product.
R & Co Rockaway Spray
- Contains a unique blend of natural, hair-boosting ingredients: Cranesbill for added volume, Yarrow plant extract for maintaining body and fullness, Balm Mint for protection against color fade and Vitamin C for protection against free radical damage.
- Vegan and cruelty free
- Refreshing, earthy scent “Love Bite” features hints of lemon, tangerine, tree moss, green tea, eucalyptus, and amber
- Their products are designed for both men and women alike
- Paraben and sulfate free
- Depending on your preference, this spray is typically considered more of a texturizer than a classic sea salt spray.
This luxurious beach spray by Oribe will leave you with glamorous, glossy beach waves that are touchable and soft. The high quality plant extracts and specialized nozzle will leave your hair feeling truly pampered.
- Features a long list of nourishing natural ingredients such as watermelon, lychee, safflower seed oil and Edelweiss flower extracts that work to repair and moisturize strands
- Contains UV protection and is safe for use on colored and keratin-treated hair
- Light hold that adds volume, shine and separation without leaving hair overly salty, dry or stiff
- Unique nozzle designed to perfectly distribute product through the hair
- Free of sodium chloride
- This spray might not be the most wallet-friendly of the bunch but it sure is worth the investment
- For those with very coarse or thick hair, this spray might not provide enough hold on its’ own